Thursday, October 02, 2008

Prayers Please

Dear Friends,

Once again, I ask for your help. Our family faces yet another loss.

...My dear Aunt Melody is quickly losing her battle with ALS/Lou Gehrig's Disease...For the days or hours that remain of her fifty-seven years, please join me in prayer for her journey home. Pray for courage, for peace, and for an end to her suffering...I have no doubt that God is near. When we parted this August, I told her that very, very good things awaited her. I'm not sure she believes this and I cannot imagine enduring a very painful death without the comfort and assurance that our Faith brings. So mostly, I pray that she will feel His Grace and lose her fear...and her doubt.

If you can, take a moment to listen to "Prayer" by Gina Loring. It's a perfect and beautiful sentiment for anyone who feels doubt and needs His reassurance.

(Thanks Gina. Your voice is from Heaven above.)



Update: Melody passed on this evening. Thank you for all of the e-mail and your commitment to prayer. Her children and husband will continue to need our prayers as they cope with this loss.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She has my prayers. I hope she feels some peace.
--Linette

Leigh said...

Thanks Linette. I can't imagine a single more dastardly disease that a human being can endure. In this instance, as in others, I'm reaching out to my friends because the only thing that will help is the power of prayer.

Anonymous said...

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord...

Anonymous said...

Leigh-

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Aunt. For the comfort of her family, our faith teaches us that she is in a much better place now where there's no pain or suffering. You are all in our prayers, especially your Aunt Melody for her for the eternal peace.

Mirtha