Sunday, December 30, 2007

Pregnancy Sentiment


My youngest sister is expecting and I'm very happy for her. However, I don't think I'll be sending her this card anytime soon. :-)

I'm so thankful for my children but getting them here was, well...not fun. I had nearly every common yet highly uncomfortable pregnancy malady that you can think of. Not to mention the beauty issues. Some women become more lovely in pregnancy. I, on the other hand, was a planet--complete with my own gravity. Any number of common, household items regularly orbited my substantial girth.

So no, I did not enjoy most of the pregnancy experience. But I'm sure glad I did it. And now that I'm 41 and the necessary anatomy is no longer in working order, I do kinda wish that we could have had just one more....

So be it. The ones I've got are all that I could ask for and more. In the meantime, it's good to laugh about pregnancy.....now.

2 comments:

Freddie L Sirmans, Sr. said...

You have a very, very interesting blog.

Leigh said...

Thank you! I'm flattered when anyone takes the time to read about me, my family, and all the rest of it. God bless.