Thursday, October 04, 2007

When Mommy Was A Kid...TV I Loved

When I was 8, Mary Tyler Moore was everything I thought a woman should be. At 41, I still kinda think that.


Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman was on weeknights at 11pm. Way too late for a fifth grader but you guessed it--I was up. Way before it's time. I could see this making it on HBO now. Check out Mary Kay Place! What an underrated actress. She's great on "Big Love" as Nicky's mom.



More my mom's era than mine but I loved Mickey Mouse club reruns. Annette and Darlene were my favorites.


Loved Flipper.


What normal kid was up watching Tom Snyder? On occasion, I was. I just loved him for some reason.




The worst of the 70s--really.



My grandma would laugh, laugh, laugh at Geraldine. Who couldn't?



I adored Family Affair. Poor Buffy.



The first time I ever heard the word "gay" as a reference to something other than being happy. Family was a little sappy but still pretty good. I don't know if it can stand the passage of time though. I haven't seen it since I was 11 or 12.



Loved the reruns on channel 2 after school.






Saturday night, channel two, hosted by some guy who's name escapes me. Popcorn. Grandma's house.



Barnaby Jones. I was a weird kid--clearly.







Scooby Dooby do, where are you? We got some work to do now.



All in the Family. Perfection.
Not a single show has rivaled it--before or after.
Not a single one.








This reminds me of living alone with my mother in an apartment in Los Gatos.


What a guy. I loved his house.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?????

Leigh said...

What do you want? I told you I was a weird kid! That being said, it was fairly edgy for it's time. Plus, the show's spin-off (Fernwood USA) gave us Martin Mull--one of the most under rated actors/comics. Mary Hartman still has a cult following.