Wednesday, October 03, 2007

When Mommy Was A Kid...Toys I Loved

Doesn't every little girl go through the horse stage? My friend Katy was way into the horse adventure world. She might even still have her collection.


My Dad got me this and I loved it. It was huge.





Kids still like these. Ethan and McKenna have their own versions.




Dr. Zera from Planet of the Apes. I was obsessed with all of the Planet of the Apes movies. I was pretty sure I could become Dr. Zera.



Fortune Telling Magic Eight Ball




Klackers? Huh? For some reason, getting two plastic balls to bang against each other was big fun.





Chrisie...her hair "grew" by pulling it and then you could magically crank her mane back into her head.And we thought this was fun because?????





It seemed cool at the time.



I LOVED my Mickey Mouse transistor radio!





Every single girl I knew had one of these.



Mine looked exactly like this. Third degree burns on your finger tips were a rite of passage for a girl growing up in the 1970s. Light bulb heat source. Who thought of that?



Malibu suntan Barbie


and her camper




Boring is underrated.


Ethan told me last night that he felt sorry for me because I "had to grow up with such crummy toys". He may have a point. But I thought they were pretty great at the time.

No comments: