Saturday, March 29, 2008

Two Hundred Mommy Facts


  1. I have two children. My son is 6 and my daughter is 3.
  2. I am 41 and my husband is 44.
  3. I met my husband, on the phone, while we worked for the same company.
  4. We had a long distance relationship for two years until we married in 1995.
  5. Biting on cotton is nearly unbearable for me.
  6. I love the smell of books, especially new books.
  7. I miss my maternal grandmother every single day.
  8. I have very dry skin.
  9. I hate it when people talk or ask questions during a movie.
  10. I love being with people in short bursts.
  11. I recharge my batteries by being alone.
  12. The song "It's Not Easy Being Green" by Kermit the Frog always makes me cry.
  13. I love my mother.
  14. Airplane take-offs make my heart race.
  15. I have dieted, with varying degrees of success, since I was 19 years old.
  16. Parochial schools were my saving grace.
  17. When I was 15, I thought Brooke Shields was the prettiest girl on the planet.
  18. My closet is almost always a total disaster.
  19. I officially joined the Catholic Church in 2002.
  20. I love cars.
  21. Long before I met my husband, I lived in a warehouse among many artists.
  22. I am proud of and thankful for my life as it is now.
  23. I lost my mother-in-law two weeks ago and it still does not seem real.
  24. I love to dress children.
  25. I can be very outgoing but being so does not come naturally.
  26. My eighth-grade teacher changed my life for the better.
  27. I think women should dress modestly.
  28. I occasionally regret not going to law school.
  29. Some of my friends I have had for over thirty-five years.
  30. My son's sense of humor amazes me.
  31. My daughter's empathy amazes me.
  32. I know how to drive a stick-shift.
  33. I feel more comfortable leading than following.
  34. l drove across the country by myself—twice.
  35. An ex-boyfriend is now a recognized photographer who works with many celebrities.
  36. I love fresh flowers.
  37. My freshman year in college was incredibly fun and liberating.
  38. The art of chit chat is not one of my strong points.
  39. I regret my treatment of a friend from young adulthood.
  40. Walking barefoot gives me the willies.
  41. I love really nice purses.
  42. I am thankful to my parents for giving me life.
  43. I detest smoking.
  44. Sometimes being a SAHM/homemaker is really boring.
  45. I wish I could play an instrument.
  46. I graduated from U.C. Berkeley.
  47. I have the best aunt on the planet.
  48. I love my children so much it makes my heart hurt.
  49. A reference is made about me in a published work of fiction.
  50. My husband has a very high tolerance for my faults.
  51. The world is so beautiful to me sometimes.
  52. I have won a lot of money playing blackjack.
  53. I love Coca-Cola.
  54. My hair is naturally curly.
  55. I have bungee jumped.
  56. Lovely is my favorite fragrance.
  57. I wash my face before bed time, without fail, every night.
  58. I met and had a conversation with Mariel Hemingway at a party.
  59. My favorite actor is Ralph Fiennes.
  60. I'm mildly curious about botox.
  61. I never thought I would love living in the Midwest as much as I do.
  62. I love Jane Austen's work.
  63. I wear a lot less make-up than I did when I was younger.
  64. I watch very little network TV.
  65. NPR bores me to tears.
  66. I am fascinated by certain aspects of politics.
  67. I want to take horseback riding lessons with my daughter.
  68. I wish I had a closer relationship with my brothers and sisters.
  69. I plan to visit the home of Laura Ingalls Wilder in the next few months.
  70. When I go back to California to see friends and family, I feel like a visitor.
  71. I'm less materialistic than I used to be.
  72. I don't like to stay overnight at people's houses.
  73. I sometimes wonder what I would be doing right now had I never married.
  74. I used to be "pro-choice".
  75. Cooking does not come naturally to me.
  76. I currently know of someone who needs my friendship very badly.
  77. I want to be more generous with my time.
  78. I marvel at both the talent and the stupidity in the blogging community.
  79. I would love to have a restaurant style soda machine in my house.
  80. I would like to curse less.
  81. Eating raw carrots gives me the hiccups.
  82. I wish I could have one more child.
  83. I love Disneyworld.
  84. I don't wear nail polish.
  85. Chinese food no longer appeals to me.
  86. I procrastinate over certain things.
  87. I can't sleep at night unless I've checked that the entry doors are locked.
  88. Underneath the hair coloring and highlights, I am more than 50% gray.
  89. I'll go without many things before I give up my cleaning lady.
  90. I love Super Nanny.
  91. I'll take a bath over a shower if I have the time.
  92. I love a well stocked, organized linen closet.
  93. I adore Sting.
  94. FOX News gives me a headache.
  95. I'm more lenient as a parent than I imagined I would be.
  96. I'm a hair/beauty product addict.
  97. I like our cars to be clean.
  98. Writing is therapy for me.
  99. I have googled my own name.
  100. I find some Catholic bloggers to be sanctimonious.
  101. I drink alcohol very infrequently.
  102. I don't like coffee.
  103. I would be lost without my computer.
  104. I love to send Christmas cards.
  105. Perky people make me ill at ease.
  106. I have very little tanning ability.
  107. I ask the Lord for His forgiveness nearly every day.
  108. I love to read to my children at night.
  109. I laugh every time I watch "Four Weddings and a Funeral".
  110. There are a handful of people whose approval I seek.
  111. I survived years of childhood abuse at the hands of an entrusted caregiver.
  112. My visit to the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam made a lasting impression on me.
  113. I hoard hotel toiletries.
  114. I have a Pez collection.
  115. I can't use butter that has a single crumb in it.
  116. I would like to be more disciplined.
  117. Scrapbooking holds no interest for me.
  118. I listen to talk radio every day.
  119. I no longer hear Midwestern accents.
  120. I find my attention span is not what it used to be.
  121. My children's academic success is very important to me.
  122. I don't really enjoy the beach.
  123. I'm sincere.
  124. I love to use our fireplaces.
  125. One of my favorite shops is American Girl in downtown Chicago.
  126. I used to be a vegetarian.
  127. I love Roseanne reruns.
  128. I have no desire to home school my children.
  129. I'm very consistent about changing linens on my family's beds.
  130. I never realized that one needs seven different kinds of coats to live in our region's climate.
  131. I love snowy, blustery days.
  132. It is a big relief to know that my daughter will not be physically challenged.
  133. I often think of my sponsor daughter in Ethiopia.
  134. I don't like anything that is gelatinous.
  135. I love my Princess Diana doll.
  136. I get in moods where I don't like to talk on the phone.
  137. I get in moods where all I want to do is talk on the phone.
  138. I admire Oprah but she's starting to bug me.
  139. When I was twenty I promised myself I would never wear "mom clothes".
  140. I wear mom clothes.
  141. I don't like hot dogs.
  142. I love Crocs.
  143. I wish my kitchen was just a little bigger.
  144. I'm not a fanatic about my kids' diet.
  145. A visit to Kennedy Space Center made me wonder how we ever made it to the moon.
  146. Mackinac Island is a little slice of heaven.
  147. I miss Carmel, California.
  148. No one's lemon squares will ever rival my mother-in-law's
  149. I have purchased underwear when I didn't feel like doing laundry.
  150. I have a very sensitive sense of smell.
  151. I need to drink more water.
  152. I have a very good memory for phone numbers.
  153. I constantly lose my keys.
  154. I love Amy Winehouse's music.
  155. My willpower is not what it once was.
  156. I hope my daughter never has to struggle with her weight.
  157. I'm surprisingly decent at softball.
  158. I think people are surprised by how religious I am.
  159. I do have moments of absolute contentment.
  160. I firmly believe in the concept of evil as a reality in the world.
  161. I love the Yankee Candle store but I get a headache if stay too long.
  162. Downtown shopping is loads of fun.
  163. The generosity of many of my friends is amazing.
  164. I'm due for a mammogram.
  165. I have never misplaced my watch.
  166. I love spending time with my family.
  167. I want to learn how to snowboard.
  168. Sometimes I wish I weren't so serious.
  169. I'm a suburban girl; I was not meant to live in the city.
  170. I have been a SAHM longer than I worked outside the home.
  171. I recognize that my husband works tirelessly for our family.
  172. One friend's family disharmony breaks my heart.
  173. I recently met a new friend who I think is right-up-my-alley.
  174. I'm an avid reader.
  175. I wish my neighborhood was more ethnically diverse.
  176. I need to be better about returning phone calls.
  177. I have a friend who is over 90 years old.
  178. My father-in-law's stories are often very interesting to me.
  179. I really like "American Experience" on PBS.
  180. I'm not entirely convinced that jazz is all it's cracked up to be.
  181. We pay a disproportionate amount of taxes.
  182. I like going to Las Vegas.
  183. I love my father.
  184. Cocktail parties are not really my thing.
  185. I wonder what heaven is like.
  186. I feel sad that my third grade teacher wore the same outfit every day of the school year.
  187. Sometimes I feel at a loss as to how to keep my kids busy.
  188. I don't like caramel.
  189. Modern art doesn't hold the same appeal for me as it used to.
  190. I was crazy for MTV when it first aired in 1982.
  191. My wedding was beautiful.
  192. I wish they still made Chick-o-Sticks.
  193. I developed a new respect for Madonna once I saw her perform live.
  194. I worked for Clinique way, way back when.
  195. There are a few people with whom I avoid confrontation at all cost.
  196. My cat is cute but dumber than dirt.
  197. Watching a loved one die peacefully is both heart wrenching and beautiful.
  198. I don't really like casseroles.
  199. I'm getting tired of going to the grocery store.
  200. I am the age my mother was when I graduated from college.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I think they do still make Chic-o-stix...I have bought them within the last year, only not in the long stick form. You may be able to find them in the short bite size form, sold in the little hanging bags. My son loves them and they were a childhood favorite of mine also.