Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Ethan's Opinion



This was sent to me several days ago by Mr. Flower. Just a passing kindness on his part, a relic of another life. I don't yearn for the past but I just wish I could bring some of that rugged individualism back into my mommy world. Not too much, mind you. Just enough to keep the spark ignited. Just enough so that I'm not a gray minivan among a million other gray minivans.

I was thinking about all of this when Ethan came behind me, looked at this image on my monitor and asked with all the sincerity in the world, "Is that God's mommy"?

He instantly reminded me that in his world, I'm a super mommy. Wow.

You can't buy, borrow, or fake that feeling of pure admiration. It only comes from the unconditional love and devotion of your child. You can't get it from your partner, your spouse, your stuff, or your bestest girlfriend. It can only come from being a mom. It's worth every sacrifice, every frustration, all the worry.

I guess I don't feel so gray after all.

No comments: