Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ethiopia...I'm Going....

Just got my confirmation from Compassion that I am traveling to Ethiopia next March for twelve days. I'll get to meet and spend time with Derebe! She lives in the hillside community of Nekemte, about 150 miles West of Addis Ababa.



I'm excited and a little scared. I have been all over the U.S. and to many countries around the world (mostly Europe) but this will be my first trip to Africa. The only part of the trip that makes me truly nervous is making a connecting flight in Darfur, Sudan. One of the most volatile, desperate places in the world. But I'm assured that we will be completely safe. So I'll just tuck that worry away for now. Jim is very supportive and wants me to make this journey. He knows it's important to me and he knows that I would never go if I thought for a moment I was putting myself in harm's way. My children need me too much for that!

I'll be praying that I am worthy of this opportunity.

Blessings truly abound.

No comments: