Monday, June 11, 2007

Church Sign Wisdom 3


Saw this today and it made me go...hmmm. My Aunt Melody G. seems to have always known this without being told or reminded of it. My neighbor Lauri C. also comes to mind. And my RCIA sponsor, Jim B. My late grandfather Elmer certainly lived it. Eddy J. has permanent status on this short list. There's even an endearing lady who works in the McDonald's drive-thru in Downers Grove who makes every customer smile...every single time.

I really admire this quality. It's an organic goodness unrelated to mood or circumstance. That's not to say that these folks don't ever have to make an effort to be kind. It's just that their "kindness set point" seems to be more elevated than that of your standard crab apple (i.e., me).

So, like anything else, you work with what you have and try to do better. And I'll keep trying. In the meantime, it's nice to have inspiration by way of role models and oddly enough, street signs.

No comments: