Friday, May 25, 2007

Hair Happiness

After 30+ years of battling my curls, I've decided they have won. No more straightening, brushing, fussing, or fighting. The good news is that I have finally found hair products that are completely made for curly hair. No, really. So many hair products SAY they are for curly hair but when I use them I end up with undefined, stringy, partially frizzy, mall-girl hair. Or defined but wet-looking and crunchy. Yuck.

Oh yeah...the hair product. It's called Ouidad. The namesake is a woman who owns a salon in NYC and caters only to curly hair. You can order her stuff online and it's worth every penny. She understands that not all curly hair is thick and heavy. Many curls are fine like mine and can get weighed down by all of the oil and goop that you tend to find in curly hair products.

I just may spend the $175 and have her cut my hair. She has done Sarah Jessica Parker. Gotta love that.

So, I'm happy for this. Small but important favors.

Pop culture drive-by: Rosie O'Donnell quits The View and doesn't complete her contract. She mentions on her blog that when the painting is done, it is time to walk away from the canvas. Rosie, darling, the painting has been done for quite some time now. Not only is it time to walk away from the canvas, it's time to put down the brushes and find something else to do. Something a little more suitable to your talents and your way-left-of-center politics.

I have a semi-soft spot for her because I know what it's like to get fired up and not always have a razor sharp retort. I know what it is like to feel passionately about an issue. And I know a thing or two about never feeling like "you're one of them". But she loses me when she spews hyperbole and bullies people. When did she get so shrill and mean?

No comments: