Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wedding Season is Here!

--photograph by Shana Waarich

Off to California for my sister Becky's wedding. I'll have lots more to report on that front when I return. In the meantime, I was thinking about my own wedding--some twelve years ago. If I had it to do all over again, I would do it in a heart beat. I think Jim would say the same thing.

I'm glad that Ethan and McKenna will know that their parents really loved each other. Surely that is one of the greatest gifts parents can give their children.

I fear I'm sounding a little smug but I don't mean to. There is no fairy godmother working overtime here. We fight. We make-up. Nothing unusual or transcendent to report. It's just that we really work at it. A LOT. ALL OF THE TIME.

I'm just grateful for the here and now. For once.

No comments: