Friday, January 02, 2009

Haters, Hecklers, and Sad Sacks

One of my resolutions this year is to "let go and let God" with a couple of folks who just, well...bum me out. I wish you no harm, I pray for your safety, your health and most certainly for your happiness. 'Cause it sure seems like you missed the happiness bandwagon somehow or other. Truly, If I could magically bestow you with happiness, with peace, with contentment, I'd do it in a heartbeat. If I could replace your missing happiness "chips", I'd run right out to Best Buy, right this very minute, and swoop up the most powerful, the most robust tranquility processors that my money could buy. Or, more correctly, what my MasterCard credit limit would cover.

But muchachas...count me out when it comes to engaging in your pissing contests. Cross me off as a guest at your never ending pity parties. If you do nothing else, grant me this--just let me be. You know those browser bookmarks with mommymemoir.com--hit the delete button. Go be a drag on someone else's time. Keep lurking behind the scenes if you want. But lurking is all you'll ever get to do on this play date.

When you can play nicely, maybe I'll reconsider. In the meantime, go hate somewhere else.